Empowering students to have the courage to invent their own future
It is in the School of Challenge that the ambitious goals of Santa Sophia Catholic College are most fully realised.
For Stages Five Six (Years 9-12) | Inquiry Pedagogy: Blended Mastery
Having grown and matured through the initial years of adolescence, students at these ages are realising their potential. In response to this, Santa Sophia provides an engaging personalised learning program that seeks genuine dialogue to challenge students to raise their own questions, create their own ideas, seek solutions to real world challenges and explore their interests and passions.
We work closely with students to develop person learning plans, a student’s personal learning plan incorporates:
- working with mentors, businesses, or organisations
- instructional learning needed for university or tertiary pathways
- internship work placement
- developing and running their own businesses
- apprenticeship opportunities
- specific skills and goals related to their personal and work development.
- learning goals directly related to the Australian Curriculum to broaden knowledge and awareness
Santa Sophia is a credible education choice for parents who seek an innovative learning environment that challenges conventional schooling to enhance student learning.
Learn more about our Personalised Pathways Program (Stage 5 & 6 Electives)
Santa Sophia has identified the following core capabilities for all students across all stages, giving them the greatest chance of future success. These are reported on and assessed at all stages.