Inspiring students to explore, innovate and thrive
These years require a different approach. Students at this stage of development are primed to make connections. Connections with each other as well as connections of concepts, knowledge and skills across different subject areas.
Stage: Three, Four (Years 5-8) | Inquiry Pedagogy: Rigorous Learning Focused Projects
The School of Connect delivers opportunities for these connections to be made by the students. Santa Sophia responds by offering a challenging and creative education program, with a carefully planned timetable that:
- offers greater individualisation through choice
- raises opportunity for academic challenge
- provides opportunities for students to link with the wider community and learn outside the classroom
- increases opportunity for designing and self-managing their own learning
- encourages leadership opportunities through their interests.
This curriculum uses the foundation of skills taught in the School of Curiosity and builds a mastery of crucial academic skills. The emphasis is on project-and-problem-based learning and its interdisciplinary nature.
Santa Sophia has identified the following core capabilities for all students across all stages, giving them the greatest chance of future success. These are reported on and assessed at all stages.