Santa Sophia students are confident in their ability to have freedom of thought and expression. We encourage boldness, a ‘can-do’ attitude and celebrate diversity.
At Santa Sophia Catholic College we see learning as an adventure and our educational approach allows students to discover this for themselves. Santa Sophia students experience learning without limits as they are empowered to explore, innovate and challenge everything in their personal learning adventure.
STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO
use creative, innovative and critical thinking to make a difference
act with respect towards themselves, others and our world
turn dreams and ideas into reality
live a happy, passionate life and embrace curiosity
FROM A STUDENT'S PERSPECTIVE THE LEARNING AT SANTA SOPHIA IS
- personalised to the ways I learn best
- flexible so that I can try different ways to learn
- interactive and engaging so that I participate in the learning
- organised around my own progress against goals I understand
- constantly informed by different ways of demonstrating and measuring my progress
- collaborative with teachers and peers, unlimited by proximity
- agile and supportive when I need extra help
- challenging but achievable, with opportunities to become an expert in an area of interest available to me as much as it is to every other student
- gives me the ability to make a difference in the world.